Dr. Shashi Tharoor,Member of Parliament, Thiruvananthapuram (Formerly Under- Secretary -General, United Nations) inaugurating the KLA National Seminar on Content Management and Libraries. (14 July 2011)
Shri K.M. Chandrasekhar, IAS, Vice Chairman, State Planning Board (Formerly Cabinet Secretary, Govt. of India) delivering the presidential address. Also seen, Mr. P.Jayarajan, Member, RRRLF, Kolkata, Advocate K. Chandrika, Mayor, Thiruvananthapuram Corporation, Mr. K.P.Sadasivan, Secretary, KLA and Dr.P.K.Suresh Kumar, Secretary, KLA
Key Note Address
Dr. M.P. Tapaswi, Head, Knowledge Resource Centre, National Institute of Oceanography, Goa.
Title :Be on the top of the tide : Content Management for Effective Information Dissemination.
Six Business sessions (14-16 July 2011)
- Content management and ICT: The Technology interface
- E-Resource Management-I
- E-Resources Management-II including open access initiatives
- Content management and Public Libraries
- Capacity building for excellence
- Content management and Web technologies
Moderator: Dr. Achuthsankar S. Nair, Director, State Inter-University Centre of Excellence in Bioinformatics University of Kerala
- Prof. C.A. Augustine, Director, YMCA e- Resource Centre & Library, Trivandrum
- Dr. A. Ajayaghosh, Director Grade Scientist & Bhatnagar Prize Winner, NIIST(CSIR),Trivandrum
- Dr. M.G.Sreekumar, Head, Library & Information Centre, IIM, Kozhikode
- Dr. M.P. Tapaswi, Head, Knowledge Resource Centre, NIO Goa
- Shri K.P. Sadasivan, Former Head, Knowledge Resource Centre, NIIST(CSIR),Trivandrum & President, KLA
Shri. V.S.Sivakumar, Minister, Transport & Devaswam, Govt. of Kerala inaugurating the function. (16 July 2011)
Dr. K.P.Vijayakumar, Associate Professor, DLIS, Univ. of Kerala & Convener, Semiar Committee, Dr. A.Gopikkuttan, HOD, DLIS,Univ. of Kerala & Vice President, KLA, Shri. V.P.Joy IAS, Secretary, Taxation, Govt. of Kerala, Shri. Palode Ravi, MLA, Member, RRRLF, Kolkatta and Shri. N.Sukumaran Nair, Convener (Event Management) at the function.
Seminar Report: Dr. M.Lalitha, Organizing Secretary, KLA